Thursday, June 28, 2018

I Want to Write...

I want to write.  Almost every day I write a blog entry in my head. About my dogs.  About people.  About the news. About life.

But I don't sit down at my computer and write it. Time? The belief that it reads better in my head than in print? Reluctance to elaborate and make it a real entry?

Yesterday my sister told me that her husband of almost 45 years has told her he wants a divorce.  He blames her for not supporting him.  Why do these things have to be uttered with blame?  Why are people so cruel to each other? Why do we hold things in until they explode and can't be repaired?
I would never have expected this from my mild-mannered brother-in-law.  He is  was a kind person. How does this get lost?

I'm sad.  For my sister.  For my brother-in-law (just barely). For my nieces.  For me.  Not just because my family will be forever changed and trust has been broken.  Because happily ever after is gone.  Because people aren't kind to one another.  Because this isn't a kind world.  Because...

No comments:

Post a Comment